Monday, November 14, 2005

Well, what can I say about creamfield's, other than Oh, Man. THAT was Sweet. Such a different experience than I've ever had before, and so much fun. I'm not much of a raver; in fact, I've never been to a rave before this festival. Now, I don't know why not. It was fantastic, though the Prodigy was a little disappointing, as a lot of bands can be. However, Paul Oakenfold was great, and the slew of others along with him. I know that the scene created at raves can be considered fake, and that the feelings aren't real, and that people aren't that nice, but just for that moment, for that night, it was the best feeling in the world, one you don't get at a dance club. Anyway, that's all I have to say on that. Needless to say, I spent most of yesterday sleeping and enjoying the 'day after a party' laziness that I know many of you likely enjoy as well. Random fact: They ordered over 1,000,000 cans of red bull for this show. A million. Random fact 2: The most expensive drink you could order was an $800 bottle of champagne-we didn't have champagne.
I didn't take my camera because I didn't want to be worried about it all night, and also, maybe it's not the best place in the world to be taking pictures that could come back 'to haunt you' in another life. Anyway, the weather was perfect, we danced our asses off in the beautiful light of a sunrise, and never stopped smiling the whole night.

I started a new job downtown giving english lessons in the IBM tower to a guy that may be moving to Vancouver. All of the photos on this page were taken on my way to work. I hadn't been feeling very inspired lately with photos, but I liked these reflections. Last random fact, perhaps more general: The single most important form of communication when meeting someone for the first time, or any time, is the slight eyebrow raise as a form of recognition...not a smile, not a handshake, but an eyebrow raise. So, if you want to make a good impression, don't worry so much about brushing your teeth and deoderant. Pluck or wax the 'brows and get them looking sexy!

No comments: