Monday, November 28, 2005

Like a Fish Out of Water


We went to the Buenos Aires Zoo the other day, because my girlfriend had to do some sketches of the animals there for her class. Now, I'm not a fan of zoos, nor is she, and don't even get me started on the circus. But, I went out of curiosity...to see how the zoos here, in a third world country, could compare to those I've seen in calgary. hmmmmmm

There seems to be something wrong about a polar bear in 35 degree heat, in the middle of a megopolis, no? At least there were two polar bears...we saw a grizzly that just walked and paced in circles...it was awful. Animal suffering irritates me so much...they're so innoncent, and deserve to be in nature, not amongst apartment blocks.












There are always going to be those that say if we don't have zoos, than how will people learn to appreciate the animals, how will they connect with them. Maybe it's better if people don't appreciate them...

No comments: