Thursday, November 03, 2005

Sometimes when I need them, If I look hard enough to see them,I can find my feet


...As I push against gravity
In and out of having them been
Led by defeat
So one more time's all I need.

well, as of now, that's my favourite matthew good song...though they seem to rotate in and out. I'd like to 'give a shout out' to the sunset picture that has slipped into the archives...i'll miss your stellar glow.

so, my girlfriend is trying to get me to soften up and agree to get a cat. well, it was a cat, and it's somehow morphed its way into two cats, the reason being that cat A will need a friend (cat B). Also, as far as looking after them, 'it's essentially the same, having one or two. if there are three, maybe one will get bullied by the other two...' I love her reasoning. 'Imagine, if we had a gatito here right now, he would be doing this...' begins rolling in a blanket that is our couch, on her head, scratching the blanket, presumably inspecting it like a cat...i stared blankly. what can you say to that?
I'm more of a dog person, but dogs are more responsibility, and more of a sign of permanence, both in the relationship, and in the residence, and so, we're holding off on a dog for sure.

My situation here continues to amaze me, make me desperate, make me nervous, make me bored, happy, all of the above. I don't have a working visa, but i'm working in a round about legal way. However, not many places are hiring english teachers at the moment, as it is near summer. So, I find myself with quite a lot of 'free time' on my hands, something i'm not used to, and i'm not sure I like, after working as a teacher in calgary for two years. Because of this,
I have begun to notice certain irregularities in my behaviour. The most appalling is the cleanliness that I now demand of all (there are three of us) who live in this house. More than anal, I've actually been told to relax about the cleaning from a few people. Yes, I lead the life of a 50's tv mom, without the addictions or cigarette smoking.
However, with this allotment of free time, there's only so much reading, etc, one can do, until one is forced to begin cleaning. from there on in, it's a slippery slope that I have slid, to becoming a dirty clothes picker upper, a floor sweeper, and the one that drives people the craziest, I'm the guy that puts food away before people are done using it...like, they turn around to use the butter, and it's gone. I don't even remember putting it away, so when they ask me why I did that, my robotic self isn't sure what they are talking about. So, I need a hobby...any suggestions?

No comments: