Monday, November 21, 2005

In the Absence of Christmas Lights...

To me, one of the pervading thoughts that worries me is time. But not just the thought of wasting it, or time never stopping. No. I find myself preoccupied with concepts like the following: Remember how long it seemed to take to get from age 5 to age 15? That decade took FOREVER. However, when I think of the decade from 15 to 25, that flew by. Or even years now...It seems so recent that I was graduating from University, but really, that was three years ago, but the five years that university took seem disproportionately longer. It worries me because obviously the next 4 or 5 years will go by quickly, and then soon I'll be in my thirties. It's not like I've been idle, and maybe that's the problem. I need to get stuck in a dead end job somewhere, so that each day passes in torturous, prolonged hours, and I'll start to hate it, but then I'll read this and remember that I wanted it so that I could slow down time.

Do you find that there are certain stupid habits you have retained since you were a kid? For example, when I am at home, and I have to go upstairs late at night in the dark, I still count to three, flick off the last light, and run like mad up the stairs. Maybe now you know more about me than you need to. But, idiosynchrisies are what make me like people, so I'll share mine with you.

Don't you want to start a new blog under an alias, and not let anyone know, and live all lies in this blog? Are you doing that right now? I might be doing that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.