Tuesday, November 15, 2005

THE FLAMES WIN IT!!!! YEAAAAAAAHHHHH BABYYYYYYYY!!!!!" -Peter Maher

I'll be the first to admit that all this travelling in europe and living in south america thing hasn't been conducive to following the NHL, and last year, my only year back in Canada for a while, was the lockout, so I had to settle for WHL, which is good, but I missed the flames. With Jenny Good vying for a position as canucks blogger, and Grace constantly cramming the oilers down my throat, I thought it was time i represented. Tonight, I listened to my first Flames game since I saw the Stanley Cup Final, a year a something ago. It didn't look to good going into the third, but after peppering Rolasson with 24-plus shots in the third, and Iggy scratching together 3 points, the Flames crawled back from a 2-0 deficit to win 3-2. I admit, I got chills. I admit, I scared my girlfriend when they scored the game winner. And yes, at moments like this, I admit I miss living in Calgary. A lot. That makes 7 in a row, one behind the club record, and they've got two more at home to accomplish the 8th and 9th. Eat your heart's out, Grace and Jenny. Flames all the way, baby!

No comments: