Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I got Sailed recently

So, I was trying to make the focus of this blog only on photos, and then I was going to maybe start another blog with some writing or whatever, but, based on my current level of laziness, I've decided that a hybrid is the only answer for the moment. So, I suppose that I'll be colouring my otherwise redundant comments with photos on the side. If you like the photos, great, and if not, maybe the writing can make up for your anger.

We went sailing this past weekend, only for about an hour or so, which was great, although a little awkward, because it was just my girlfriend's dad, sister, friend of sister, and me. So, it was ideal bonding time, although, I'd prefer to bond with Guillermo with Ana there, so that we can both make fun of her or something, and let this be our bonding, rather than him ordering me around on a sail boat, totally 'out of my office' so to speak. The funny thing was, my girlfriend came with us to the port and everything, and then at the last minute, decided not to come,

which made me suspicious of her motives. Anyway, we made do with short orders, and me running all over the boat, hoisting sails, lowering sails, etc. and by the end, he felt confident enough in my spanish to order me around in spanish, which was good, I suppose, as mostly I just used the direction of his eyes to tell what he wanted me to do.
Since it was an opportunity to bond, when I started to feel sick, I knew I had to tough it out, or risk alienation, so when the queasies came, as they usually do, I sucked it up, stared at the sky, and held tough, though tough wasn't easy. Regardless, it was nice to get out of bs. as. for a while, even if was the murky waters of the rio de la plata, world's widest river...or rather, an inlet from the ocean they call a river to have the title 'world's widest river.' it matches their 'world's widest avenue' claim as well.
Also, my girlfriend is weird, but weird funny-weird, not weird strange-weird. We were eating asparagus today, and right in the middle, she proclaimed that 'eating asparagus is a lot like eating dinosaurs. Imagine eating dinosaurs? Wouldn't that be weird if you could eat dinosaurs like this? (demonstrates, putting the head and neck of, what I can only imagine was a brontosaurus into her mouth.) I stared blankly. What can you say to that?




No comments: