Monday, October 10, 2005

We here at dbuc.blogspot.com recommend...

I don't go to see many movies. I don't particularly like hollywood, and a lot of movies bore me. However, there are a number that I can't get over, that fascinate me, and that I would like to recommend that you see if you haven't yet. Many are of the ilk 'some will hate it, others will love it.' I'm not going to spend a lot of time going into details about the movies, or reviewing them or anything...just posting their names, some pictures, some details, and maybe a link or two.

WAKING LIFE, by Richard Linklater, is the most stunning visual movie I have ever seen. It is shot using rotoscoping, whereby the original film is animated on top of. Several different artists worked on the movie, so the style changes greatly throughout. It has won several awards for animation, and I suggest you check out these sites for more information and pictures:
http://www.childoffortune.com/waking.life.htm
http://www.wakinglifemovie.com

Written and directed by Richard Linklater, the movie is generally a series of discussions on a variety of topics, had by Wiley Wiggins, as he wanders through a dream-like state, encountering numerous eye-catching and thought provoking people and scenes.

Absolutely Stunning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good call. The visual effect alone was ground-breaking.

Krista said...

spaaam.

i liked waking life because i could put it on and then fall asleep to it's philosphizing. :)

dbuc said...

i think that's why my friend gave me his dvd....quote " I can't watch it...literally...i just fall asleep. You take it."

Spo said...

loved before sunrise and after sunset too

dbuc said...

yeah, he's just a great director...