Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Computer is now an extension of my life

well, i've officially crowned myself the biggest friggin' geek in buenos aires. i've spent hours..yeah, hours, playing around with flickr. That quote on their homepage is right, it is addictive. Anyway, i've published a ton of photos, and i'm now working on sorting them, naming them, tagging them, all of that crap...scoot on over to the right and click that flickr badge.

In other news, my cats got a reoccurance of flees, meaning i have lots of flea bites...mostly around the ankles. I'm waiting for somebody to see one in my hair while i'm teaching or riding the subway.

Here's a funny story i'm sure everyone can relate to...it has nothing to do with gays or guys hitting on me, hence the "you can all relate to" line...well, not including the girls, cause you're all hot and get hit on lots, i'm sure. So, ana and i were talking the other day, and she was explaining to me this idea she had for a script that had to be 30 seconds long and no more. So, she explained to me her idea.

me....ah, that sounds pretty good.

her...yeah, you think so?

me...yeah, do it. (keep in mind she has to have this done the next day, along with 3 other scripts, and she has to study for a final, so i'm keeping it short and to the point)

her...no, it's stupid.

me...no, it's fine. just use it.

her...no, it doesn't make any sense.

me...There's nothing wrong with it.--my downfall--

her...There's nothing wrong with it? That's not good. If you liked it, you would say it was good. If you thought it was bad, you'd say it sucked. There's nothing wrong with it means that it's average.

me...what? what the hell????

her...--leaving, somewhat upset, at least to the point where i know i don't talk for 5 mins--thanks for the help.

me...are you kidding me? There's nothing wrong with it means that. there is nothing wrong with it...--but it was too late, she had left the kitchen.
so, someone new added me to messenger the other day. a guy. i was cautious, and chose to block him. (i've received a lot of texts from fabby asking why i don't answer him anymore, etc. etc.) so, when this person added, i was cautious. when he came online, i allowed him to see me.

first message...dan, it's me fabby, on a friend's computer.

me...block. (who the hell comes up with that lame excuse?)

cut to five minutes later, i receive this email...

La verdad nunca pensé que fueras tan mal educado, supuestamente parecías tan cortés y me llevé una gran desilusión.
English....the truth is that i never thought you were so badly educated. supposedly you appear very courteous, and you gave me a big illusion.
Me parece que te dejaste llenar la cabeza.
I think someone has/ you have filled your head with something
.
Igualmente si no me contestás el mail iré algún día a la puerta de tu casa a que me expliques en la cara por qué no me contestás.
Anyway, if you don't answer this email, i will go to the door of your house one day and make you explain to me face to face why you don't answer me.

Fabián
Freak

so, normally, if i'm calling anyone, say a girl, and she doesn't answer me after 2 or 3 emails or calls, i stop. i don't email them and tell them i'm coming to their door to make them explain to me why they don't answer me...aka, i can take a hint. not so, with fabby.

so, i sent him this....

fabby,
la verdad es que no te contesto porque solo te di algunos clases, y ya esta. no somos amigos y no vamos a ser amigos. cada dia que me volver a casa, hay 4, 5 mensajes de vos por mesenger y este me molesta. me agregaste a 3 direcciones de email. no quiero que me contactes mas ni que vengas a mi casa. si te encuentro en la puerta abajo, voy a llamar la policia. tengo todos los mensajes guardados. finalmente, si me escribis siempre, y nunca te contesto, es porque no quiero. entonces, no me escribas mas.
dan

english....freak, the truth is that i don't answer you because i only gave you some classes, and that's all. we're not friends, and we're not going to be friends. every day i come home and there are 4 or 5 messages from you, and that bothers me a lot. You added me to three different addresses for email. I don't want you to contact me or come to my house. If i meet you outside, i will call the police. i have all of your messages saved. Finally, if you always write me, and i never answer you, it's because i don't want to. so, don't write me any more.

dan

he sent me one more, saying some crap about me being a bad teacher, and that he never wanted to be friends anyway, etc. etc. but no more. i never mentioned him posing as a girl on the internet to talk to me, though it was tempting, because i didn't want to egg him on any more. so, i guess it's over...until i beat him up when he comes here. so, that's what it's been like lately. i got offered a job the other day, far from home, 4 afternoons per week...350 pesos per month. that's shit. that's 135 dollars per month. that's not even a tenth of what i make in canada. it's maybe a 20th. c'mon, argentina, you can do better than that!

check out my flickr (mom and dad, it's the box with all the little tiny pictures on the right hand side of the computer screen, towards the top of the page...you have to go up to see it, you won't from here. )


also, my electronic lense cover for my camera broke again for the second time. don't buy electronic lense covers...snap ons are much better. that is all.

No comments: