Friday, March 03, 2006

Mausoleum Black and White


Mausoleum Black and White
Originally uploaded by dbuc.
They have two huge cemetaries here in buenos aires, one called chacarita, and the other recoleta. Chacarita is huge, spanning many city blocks. I went there yesterday because the monuments are supposed to be fantastic,but it was closed, so I walked around the outside. While walking, I noticed that several of the windows were broken. I looked in one, and saw flowers, and cupboard drawers. I was looking into family-owned mausoleums. I didn't exactly feel right taking the fotos from the sidewalk looking in, but I liked the outcome. In this photo is Jesus hanging from a cross.

I'm trying this post from flickr to see how it turns out, format-wise. If anyone is on flickr, tell me, and i'd like to add you as a contact. It's ana's sister's birthday tonight, so wish her a happy one in your hearts...also, let me know what you think of the flickr format on blogger. chau, y que tengan un buen fin de semana.

No comments: