Friday, December 16, 2005

God this thing hated me...

I'm really up in the air as far as cats are concerned. Growing up, we were always a dog family, despite the fact that one tried to decapitate me when I was 3. I faught back and once again became a dog person. It's tough when you live with a cat person. Why do these have to be such opposite tastes. People might own both cats and dogs, but inevitably, one is the favourite. I know people love cat's personalities, so independant, so self-sufficient. So self-absorbed, so self-centered. Dogs: so kind and giving always. I'm reminded of a quote I saw on Krista's (from the west coast, not kingston) about dogs being the only animals that love you more than they love themselves. I guess I love this companionship in dogs, this need. But, since we're living in an apartment, I think that owning a dog would be cruel. Cats seem to fair alright in apartments. Dogs need more space, though you wouldn't know it from seeing all the labs and retrievers in our neighborhood, on the balconies, howling all day. Anyway, take care everyone, and have a good weekend. I'm going to the bianchi family beach house tomorrow, so i won't be around this weekend. I'll try to catch up on people's blogs tonight at some point.

No comments: