Friday, February 03, 2006

patagonia


(I think this is the first picture i've posted of myself, maybe 2nd...hot or not?)

wow, i can't believe the lack of updates lately ...you'd think it would be much easier since we got a new computer, making the number 2 in the house, but well, apparently not. I just finished reading the Great Gatsby, which was fantastic. I had read a couple of other books by f. scott fitzgerald in university, but didn't like them nearly as much as th is. read it. hmm, the cats got a new wave of fleas, which is nice, as it gives me something to do when I'm not working.
(we started feeding some street cats near our house, cause two cats just wasn't enough, apparently.)

My friend owed me a hundred dollars due to damage deposit etc, back in canada, and rather than give me the money, i asked him to buy me the new matthew good triple pack cd, and the arcade fire. this was back in september. when he sent it, it was late october. It never came, never came, and never came. I had given up on it, blaming the inept, crooked, argentine postal system. Until it arrived the other day. the cases were broken, and don't hold the cd's, but the cd's themselves play. this illicited some musical excitement in me, and i began downloading music again..wait, can i say that on here, and not risk getting arrested? some of the new bands i'm digging include....(to clarify the NOT part from above)

bloc party
arctic monkeys
...and you will know us.....
godspeed! you black emperor
mew
caribou
archetecture of/in helsinki

man...this is some of the best music i've heard in a long time...i wasn't gushing, or anything, but i hope that these bands (i realize they're not all new) are an indication of things to come. What's up with montreal being the center of the musical world?

we go on vacation tomorrow, so my continuance of not updating should continue for another week. i don't like peaches, the band....this trashy-girl-sexy-hardcore-singer-thing is not nice.

Here is a funny, ironic (in the real sense of the word, not the alanis sense.)

In high school, I could be an ass. One day, after school, we were doing the usual and hanging out at Jon's house. Upon leaving, I deftly left a couple of eggs in his shoes as a nice surprise for when he put them on. Unfortunately for me, as I was about 200 meters away, he found the eggs, and proceeded to throw them at me, naturally. Because of some strange light reflection in my eye, i was unable to dodge his incoming missile, and his labelled my varsity football jacket.
(the orange cat only looks retarded)

Turns out, the enzymes in an egg don't come out of that football jacket felt material, and we had to spend a lot of money sending the jacket around western canada to have it fixed. funny, to real funny for Jon.

enter irony

some years later, as we were walking down Mcleod trail late at night, me, Jon, and Bruce, the same three from that fateful day in high school. Dejected because the club we wanted to go to was closed, yet not yet in ill-humour, we were making our way down the busy road. As always, we were reminscing a bit, and Jon brought up the egg story. He recounted the whole event, and we all had a good laugh...though mine was soured by the fact that he had never had to pay for what he did, either through revenge, or monetarily. Just as he was finishing his good hyuck-yuck over his accomplishment, we heard what sounded like watermelons or pumpkins being smashed.

Turns out, god loves me. Just as Jon was relishing in his feat, a truck of assholes drove by, and, as assholes are prone to do, they had launched several eggs at our backs. Bruce and I had escaped the 'shelling' unscathed. Much to my pleasure, Jon had not. How wonderful is irony? on a scale of 1 to 10, with ten being the best thing ever, and one being erasure, I'd rate it 9.5. Not much tops the feeling of revenge through irony. not only do you get your sweet revenge, you get to live without the burden of conscience.
(i only look retarded)

No comments: