Monday, February 20, 2006

All those things that were...

Back on the attack again, or at least back in buenos aires. 22 hours there, 14 days, and then 22 hours back again...of course, it all went by too quickly, as most vacations do. It's normally hard to get back into the routine of things after vacations, and this is no exception, considering I don't normally have a routine. The juxtaposition between a city like this, and the mountains is too great, and, if anything, the vacation made me realize how uncomfortable I am here. Anyway, this entry isn't about that.We were camping the entire time, in remote places by lakes and rivers, high in mountains, and down in some valleys. We cooked our own creations of meals, and woke up sore from hard earth everymorning. We were tired everynight, and we acquired relatively disgusting feet. Showering occurred intermittently, and shaving wasn't given a thought. I read a book by milan kundera and re-read catcher in the rye. In short, it was too perfect....I was left needing something to go wrong, something to relate the vacation to my time in buenos aires, because it was too uncomfortable knowing I felt so good there...the spots are far too disparate.We started off going on a 3 day trek, covering a total of 40 some km's....making 3 ascents and 3 descents. We stayed in refuges along the way, and suffered to get to some places I'll never see again in my life. The views were unreal, as was the pain.After, we headed to the campground circuit, and stayed in some isolated, basic places, which were ideal for us. I was able to do some more hiking, take some sweet pics, go mountain biking, and even rafted in Chile to renew my visa, rather than head back UruShitty after my three month stint.The weather was unreal, and I saw stars for the first time in what felt like 10 years. We had no rain, and yet I was able to return unburned or blistered.
But, all good things must come to an end, for better or for worse, and, now i'm back in the leggo megalopolis, adjusting to the constant sirens and lack of mufflers, the humidity (you know, it's not the heat, it's the humidity), and the unease i've somewhat grown used to. This is not my home, i'm sad and happy to say.my kitties turned into cats while I was gone. chauyou can check this out if you want...if not, no hard feelings...http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2109038214

No comments: