Thursday, July 20, 2006

Canadian Shield Sunset 2


Canadian Shield Sunset 2
Originally uploaded by dbuc.
Well, ana jumped in feet first to my family this weekend as we drove 1000 km to northern sask for a family reunion. we got the whole deal....t shirts, competitions between sides, beer, food, food, lefsa (we're norwegians). It was amazing to meet so many people from my family that I never had before...growing up an only child in alberta, away from my family, i never had a chance to meet many of them, and it was great.

My new car rules. I drove from calgary to an hour outside of saskatoon on a tank of gas. so glad i never got an suv..you're right, screetus.

alright...so, what the fuck is up with Israel????? More important to us, what the fuck is up with Stephen Harper backing Israel? Correct me if i'm wrong, but Hezbollah, Hizbollah, etc. kidnapped two israeli soldiers, and 7 others were killed in the event. So, Israel and its backers, Canada included, say that it's alright if 300 plus lebanese civilians die? that's ridiculous. its inhumane, and I would encourage everyone to write stephen harper and address his stance on this operation. 3 canadians were kidnapped in Venezuela....did we invade venezuela? I know we don't have the history that Israel does with Hezbollah, but this is not the right way out. I have lost all (and it wasn't much to start with) respect for harper over this, as well as the state of Israel. They keep Palestinians in 3rd world conditions, controlling their lives, giving them no options out, exerting force whenever necessary to quell them....it seems ironic that a group, such as the Jews, is capable of such human rights violations. I'm not anti-semetic, but I am in favour of human rights, and I know clearly now that harper and israel are not.

...note that bush is no longer worthy of mentioning in human rights tirades.

No comments: