Tuesday, April 04, 2006

of montréal

The top photo was taken in 2004 in Hanna....there's the railroad station and some leftover trains...(yes, the same railroad station from the nickelback video.) Though things have been really strange and stressful around here lately, my girlfriend continues to surprise me...she's much stronger than I thought she would be...which doesn't mean to say that this next month isn't going to be difficult as hell, but so far, she's doing very well...i guess in part to the fact that I'm so excited to go back, she knows it's the right decision. I'm proud of her for being so strong.
I've been listening a lot lately to of Montreal, who are, apparently, from Texas, actually. man, really catchy, nice songs. i highly recommend it. Got a sweet-ass email from blogger unknown today, doing the teacherly thing and explaining very well the situation in as far as teachers go in BC. I like to keep my options open, and bc is definitely an option, if not for this year, than the next...or one day...if i can afford it.
Humans are strange. I know I have nothing to be embarrassed of being on the computer for a couple of hours everyday. I have things to do here, hobbies, if you will. Still, sometimes, when I hear the familiar jingle of Juan's keys outside our door, sometimes i'll rush to the kitchen just so that he doesn't see me on the computer yet again. I'm sure he doesn't care, and he's never said anything to me about it...just a little mental effin on my part.
The illuminated part in the background of this photo is a hockey rink on the lake. I guess this is my most canadian photo...mtns, trees, cabin, lake, snow, water, and hockey rink. To update, the flames lost last night in overtime...frick, they aren't a scoring team, and need to avoid that shootout crap whenever they can...they snuck out a point, and remain in first, and should be above 100 points this season, barring a collapse. The west is so tight...it's exciting. can't wait to be back in calgary for the playoffs this year...should be a messy, messy time. take care, all....sorry to hear about matt good getting sick...hope he's well soon and can make up some dates.

No comments: