Thursday, August 31, 2006

clarity?


clarity?
Originally uploaded by dbuc.
'officially' started work today, meaning that I got paid for being at the schoo, even though i've been there every day for about a week now. Teaching is one of those strange professions where you put in just about as much time outside of the school, therefore unpaid, as you do while you are there. No overtime to bank up, no bonus cheques...not that i'm complaining...we knew that going in, and plus, we get paid summers and 2 weeks at christmas etc etc, so it's all good. I feel myself getting stuck in a routine again, which is kind of hard to take, but I don't really have a choice. When you're a workhorse, your options and energy become less and less. I am taking spanish courses twice per week starting in sept. , and I want to join a gym, but we'll see. I've been running 5 km every other day, which has really helped..

but, whenever i'm stuck in a place, i start to feel the itch to leave...i think they call that wanderlust. I've been chatting with lots of buddies still overseas...one in japan, 2 in korea, and one buddy doing the europe rounds right now... and i'm pretty jealous. I've been thinking lots of Mongolia for some reason, lately. I'd love to go horsebackriding over there, or mountain biking..seems pretty unchartered. or siberia...both? + Japan????

Anybody following the liberal leadership race? Ignatieff? Brison? I have no idea..i know Ignatieff has as huge career outside the country as a journalist and scholar, and he's obviously smart...but, he was pro-war back in 2003, and that's a huge strike....i want someone good to take out harper...that's all...please???

No comments: