Sunday, June 18, 2006

I got a pet


I got a pet
Originally uploaded by dbuc.
contrary to popular belief, i have not succomed to illiteracy or laziness. no, i am alive and doing well. Ana is coming here to visit in a couple of weeks....that's lucky lucky. not all is lucky though...listen to this tale of woe...this series of events left me tired and needing a nap.

the night before, i decide to go for a bike ride. great. a flat tire 30 minutes later, and i'm walking my bike home. no big deal. then we get a huge storm, and the last time i looked at the clock, it said 230...great...4 hours of sleep maximum....you need sleep to deal with kids. then, all was peachy. i was driving to work, and noticed that i should get gas. no big deal...i'll get it on the way home. So, i made it. half-way through the morning, i notice that the zipper on my bag is open. crap. i search fruitlessly for my wallet. nothing. did i even bring it? surely i did. so, i've had my wallet stolen. no money, just a pain to replace all of the cards.

i tell the vice principal, and of course, before we blame any of the kids, we have to be sure that my wallet is not at home. so, during my lunch hour, i'm driving through chaotic downtown calgary, with the red light on, reminding me of my need for gas. i'm already planning on how I can get the teachers to pay for my taxi ride back to school.

the commute home takes 40 mins...frick. I did, however, find my wallet, which was a relief, though slightly embarrassing, obviously. So, i fill up, and arrive back at school unscathed, save for the 25 minutes i was late.

Once we're back, I'm teaching, and things are going smoothly, despite my fatigue. I go to check the time on my celular. Hmmm, why is is so sticky? Friiiiiiiiiiick. A pen had exploded in my pocket, covering the bottom portion of my cel in ink. great. perfect way to end it.

Was at a buddy's house watching the oilers last night. unreal. Even if i don't really like them, i know my buddies are jacked to the nines over this run, and I'm happy for them.

I heard my single, 50 year old landlady having sex the other night. It's not that I expect her to be celebate, it's just really un-nerving and slightly disturbing. her bedroom is right above mine.

Take care, all...

No comments: